Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pete's Newsstand Guide To Scratching That Travel Itch

Summer is not over yet. And if you still have an itch to get away, our newsstand has many travel titles that will get your imagination going whether you leave town or not. My new favorite is Lonely Planet Magazine, which I believe has the best travel photography that I've ever seen. There are also amazing articles about places I've never even heard of. This is about the third issue we've received and they just keep getting better and better.

Another good title is American Road. Relive the good old days of Route 66. Get your kicks or whatever.









Going abroad? How about picking up a copy of Italia! I went there once and this title makes me long to go again.










What if you have no money and want to just ride the rails? We do  get Hobo Magazine, though it isn't really about the hobo lifestyle. I really don't know why they call it that.









My final title to recommend is Tiki Magazine, the ultimate staycation title. Put on a Hawaiian shirt, have a pina colada, crank up the hi-fi, and bring the island life to your own pad. Sometimes there's no place
like home.

--Pete

No comments: